Here’s Why I have Become a “Breakfast Person”
Eating breakfast regularly was not my cup of tea. Since I was not a morning person, it was hard for me to get up early and make something that I can grab on the way. However, as soon as I realized the incredible benefits this seemingly simple choice can make, it became a turning point in my life.
From waking up an hour before work to waking up early to exercise and start my day with a healthy breakfast, I have come a long way. Keep reading to know what motivated me to kick start this healthy habit.
Why Breakfast is Important?
As the name suggests, the term “Breakfast” means breaking the fasting period of the previous night. No wonder it is one of the most important meals of the day because it fuels our body with important nutrients that keep us energized and productive at work all day long.
On the other hand, people who are skipping breakfast are most likely to be overweight, have lower energy levels, slower metabolism rate, crave more unhealthy processed food, and eat a lesser amount of fruits and vegetables in their diet. People who eat breakfast regularly tend to be more fit both mentally and physically than those who skip.
There are many advantages of eating in the a.m. Let’s take a scroll to know why you should join the breakfast club if you haven’t already.
- Eating a healthy breakfast keeps you full for longer thus preventing unwanted processed food cravings
- Breakfast eaters get less fat and more fiber in their diet due to which they are able to magically shed extra pounds
- Breakfast enriched with healthy food items improve body health and make you physically stronger
- It helps to maintain the daily consumption of fruits and vegetables required for the proper functioning of your body
- It helps to get the required calcium intake
- Eating breakfast regularly helps your body to perform best with a higher energy level
- It also makes you more alert and focused at work
- It fuels your body with all the essential nutrients required to maintain overall well-being
- It promotes heart healthy by preventing type-2 diabetes and maintaining blood pressure
- A healthy breakfast kicks the metabolism and prepare you for the day ahead
- You tend to stay happier after eating a healthy breakfast
All things considered, switching to a new habit might take time. Also, it can be tricky to choose what to add in the breakfast plate that is healthy and filling at the same time. So, here are a few tips that might help to break the breakfast-skipping habit and start a healthier one.
- Take it Slowly: It might get difficult to eat breakfast all of the sudden. So, it’s better to start small and light and gradually you will get used to it. Grab a glass of chemical-free juice, a handful of nuts or fruit.
- Keep Gaps: It’s not necessary to eat everything as soon you get ready for work or just step out of the bed. For this reason, start with eating fruit, workout for atleast 25-30min and then eat a good filling breakfast
- Make a Plan: If you’re on time, you can easily manage everything. So, wake up half an hour earlier if you have to make breakfast by yourself. You can also choose reliable organic tiffin service like OMKITCHEN to get tasty, delicious, and nutritious breakfast options right at your doorstep in Delhi/NCR
- Avoid Unhealthy Food: Eating breakfast doesn’t mean you can fill your body with any crap. Processed foods are filled up with unhealthy calories and have no benefits to offer
- Eat Dinner Early: Eating dinner early will increase the gap between breakfast and dinner so you wake up hungrier than usual. Maintain the portion control the rest of the meals accordingly
Be careful about what to choose to start the day the right way. Here are a few of my healthy suggestions that are easy to make and most importantly delicious to kick start your morning.
- Vegetable Dalia
- Sprouts salad
- Idli and Sambhar
- Greek Yoghurt with fruits as topping
- Besan Chila
The above suggested scrumptious breakfast ideas can be made with commonly found ingredients in every household and suit all age groups.
Considering all the benefits, I am sure you might not want to skip this healthy routine in the morning. However, don’t stress over breakfast only. Every meal is important so you need to take balanced meals full of protein, healthy fats, and digested carbs to get all the nutrients throughout the day and keep your body functioning at its best, non-stop!